Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Wedding Post - Get Excited!

Hello All,

This is our official "post your ideas" for Aaron and Augusta's wedding blog.  We will try and update the blog as we make decisions about the wedding.  Please feel free to leave comments.

15 comments:

  1. Site Research thus far (where, date available, time, $, notes):
    Dow:
    Gardens, 8/22 10-noon & 4-6, 8/23 all day, $350 ($490 with indoor rain option), includes 100 chairs, will hold date/time for 7 days.

    MSU:
    North Garden, 8/23 available all day, $200/hour, 2 hour minimum, can host both ceremony & reception

    South Garden, 8/23 all day, $595/2 hours, ceremony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys!

    Good job getting the blog going! Augusta, looks like you heard back from MSU. What do you and Aaron think about the availability?

    MOM aka Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I called & left a message for MSU to find availability for Friday evening & See if there were any other saturdays available.

    I did some research for the Midland Center for the Arts, their setup might be ideal for us since they have a professional kitchen, but do not offer catering.

    Here is the Midland Center for the Arts website:
    http://www.mcfta.org/C_MCFTA/FacilityInfo.html

    Here is their Rental Sheet:
    http://www.mcfta.org/C_MCFTA/Rental%20Information/Facilities%20Rates.pdf

    I emailed to check availability & put a 7 day hold on the Dow Gardens ceremony for 4-6pm on 8/22

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom found the H Hotel in Midland, which might be a nicer option for holding the reception.

    http://www.dolce-h-hotel.com/

    I will call them tomorrow for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. H Hotel does not have reception availability for 8/22, they do have 8/23 (which will not work due to out of state cousins returning to school on 8/24) or 8/14.

    If the reception is on a Saturday night, then they have an $8,000 minimum for catering, no minimum for the other days.

    I did not hear back from the Midland Center for the Arts yet.

    I still need to ask the H Hotel about booking a block of rooms, will update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Augusta,

    Did you see the emails I sent yesterday regarding Addison Oaks and Indian Springs parks? They looked pretty nice! I will get the websites and post them here for everyone to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the website for Indian Springs park.
    If you click on the slide show it has pics of the room for the reception and also an outside picture of the facility.

    http://www.metroparks.com/parks/pk_indian_springs.php

    This is the website for Addison Oaks. There are pics of outdoor ceremony settings and indoor receptions.

    http://www.oakmanagement.com/index.php?page=addisonoakspage.html

    Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indian Springs is not available on 8/22, is available on 8/21, it is $600 to rent the room from 10 am to 1am and there is a $4 per vehicle parking fee.

    They require that we use Crank's Catering service, http://www.crankscatering.com/index.html, I called & left a message to see if they make food I can eat.

    I think this location is a pass..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gus and Aaron,
    Hope that you are enjoying your wedding planning and we are all looking forward to sharing in this special day with you. I will let you know if i can think of a spot where you might want to have your wedding day -

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom & Dad are visiting Addison Oaks this Saturday, if they turn out to be a "pass" then I think we're going to go with Dow & MCFTA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After speaking with MCTFA, it seems that their facilities aren't ideal, I'll keep looking in Midland for another reception location.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Aaron and Augusta,
    Addison Oaks is really nice and it seems that it will work out for the out of towners because of the camping options. I will mail the hardcopy information if you wish. I could send it out on Monday. Let me know ASAP if you decide that this is the place and I will send in the deposit.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Guys,

    You will be receiving the information pack from Addison Oaks on Wednesday.... have you contacted Addison Oaks to hold the date? Let me know if you need me to do anything else.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Augusta and Aaron,

    Info on camping and cabins for the weekend of your wedding - 4 cabins available (3 are 4 person cabins and 1 is a 6 person cabin). There is also group camping (10 campsites) with electricity, private pavillion, grill and campfire pit. That sounds like fun!! Addison Oaks is sending me the info...
    Let us know your decision!

    love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete